Spring Home Improvements – Making Our Homes Castles, For Less
The arrival of spring and the promise of longer, sunnier days also herald a trend for home improvements.
As we open the windows and let in the light that stain on the carpet, or kitchen cupboard hanging off its hinges that we’ve been ignoring for months suddenly goes higher up the ‘to do’s’ list.
The team at TFS Loans has put together a list of ten top tips that they’ve used in the past, to improve your homes at very little cost:
1. Freshen up your tiled areas in your kitchens and bathrooms buy buying a whitening tile grout pen.
2. Replace your old door mats – first impressions are lasting after all.
3. Clean any items of leather furniture like sofas and chairs with shoe polish
4. Get a pot of all-purpose filler from your local DIY store and go round the house filling in any cracks and dents that have appeared.
5. There’s nothing worse that piles of untidy wires, attach them to walls or surfaces using cable clips.
6. Touch up your walls using paint tester pots that match the colour, rather than investing in large tins of paint that you then have to store.
7. Plant your summer bulbs – a lot cheaper in the long run than buying fully grown flowers in pots in the height of summer from the garden centre.
8. Store out of season clothing and spare laundry away in vacuum sealed bags.
9. Use a washing machine cleaner and dish washer cleaner to prolong their lives – especially in hard water areas. You can buy these cleaners from pound and bargain stores.
10. Use white vinegar to make your windows and glass sparkling.
If you did want to do something more substantial and are looking for a home improvements loan, look no further.
At TFS we offer Guarantor Loans for a range of purposes including Guarantor Loans for home improvements, weddings, cars, debt consolidation, starting and business and going on holiday.
To apply for a Guarantor Loan from £1,000 – £15,000 visit: www.tfsloans.co.uk
Representative APR 39.9%, subject to status.